Lansing, Mich.-based IPA 200 firm Maner Costerisan (FY22 net revenue of $34.8 million) has announced that five team members have been admitted as principals and Katie Hamilton has been appointed to the board of directors, effective Jan. 1.
Hamilton oversees Maner’s tax department and is responsible for the firm’s tax growth strategy and client service. Additionally, she provides expert counsel on income, estate, and gift tax planning for the firm’s wealth management clients. Hamilton joined Maner in 2019 and, one year later, was instrumental in launching Maner Wealth, the firm’s wealth management service.
“Katie is tireless in finding ways to support our clients and provide solutions tailored to their unique needs. She’s been essential to the growth and development of our wealth management practice, ” said Trey Williams, president of Maner Costerisan. “Katie is smart, humble, and committed to making our firm a great place to work for those in the tax department and others across the firm.”
The admissions of Jessica Fleet, Joel Korson, Nick Kossaras, Stephanie Kossaras and Clayton Stiffler to principal reflect their professional expertise, leadership qualities and the confidence earned by the firm and its clients, as well as the next phase of leadership for the award-winning firm.
- Fleet joined Maner Costerisan in 2014 and works in the firm’s accounting and outsourced solutions department, where she provides services to clients across various industries, including health care and small and mid-size businesses.
- Korson provides accounting, audit, tax and consulting services to small and mid-size business clients, particularly in the construction and manufacturing sectors. Korson started at the firm as an intern in 2013.
- Nick Kossaras joined the firm a decade ago, and specializes in providing audit services to Maner’s affordable housing and education clients. He is deeply involved with the audit department’s strategic planning and is researching next-generation audit software to lead Maner into the future.
- Stephanie Kossaras specializes in affordable housing and multi-state entities and provides tax advice, planning and preparation to the firm’s for-profit clients. Kossaras also supports the firm’s employee benefit plan specialty and helps clients ensure their retirement funds are appropriately managed through audits.
- Stiffler joined Maner Costerisan in 2014 and provides accounting and outsourcing expertise to clients in various industries, including small and mid-sized businesses, cannabis and construction. He leads the firm’s construction team.
“Their expertise, insight and passion for our industry are tremendous assets to our clients, and their contributions as principals will continue to shape our firm positively now and into the future,” Williams said.