IPA 200 firm GHJ of Los Angeles (FY20 net revenue of $36.9 million) has admitted the following five professionals to its partnership:
- Frances Ellington is the firm’s state and local tax leader and has more than 10 years of experience specializing in tax audit controversy, nexus and reporting requirements, and various tax planning initiatives
- Douglas Halley is the firm’s health and wellness practice leader. He has more than 30 years of public accounting experience and works primarily with clients in the non-profit and health care sectors.
- Peter Klass is the firm’s filmed entertainment practice leader in profit participation services. He has more than 20 years of entertainment accounting and audit experience, specializing in profit participations, distribution and contract compliance of film and television programs. He also consults on disputes and litigations, profit-sharing arrangements and settlement negotiations.
- Dan Landes leads GHJ’s technical consulting group, as well as the firm’s media and advertising practice. He has 15 years of experience, providing accounting, auditing, revenue recognition and general business consulting services related to digital media, advertising, technology and filmed entertainment companies.
- Richard Wu leads GHJ’s real estate practice and provides business strategy, tax advisory and tax compliance services to regional, national and international real estate companies, as well as family offices and high-net-worth individuals. He has more than 15 years of tax compliance and consulting experience.
“These promotions are another example of the firm’s commitment to growing future leaders and expanding service lines and practice areas to better service clients,” the firm says in a statement. “Developing leaders is integral to GHJ’s vision and values, and the firm’s underlying success is driven by retaining and developing the best, diverse talent.
GHJ also announced that partner and chief strategy officer Mari-Anne Kehler is joining MP Tom Barry and partner and advisory and transaction advisory services practices leader Anant Patel on the firm’s executive committee.
“I am excited to have such a strong group of leaders on the executive committee,” says Barry. “We have had significant growth over the past few years and are continually looking to innovate our continued evolution as we look for more ways to innovate.”