In a move first announced last March, Mark Baer has taken over as CEO at Chicago-based IPA 100 firm Crowe LLP. He succeeds Jim Powers, who has completed his second and firm-mandated final term.
As part of this transition, Baer has appointed as new COO Brenda Torres, who previously served as the firm lead for audit quality and operations in audit and assurance services. In her new role, Torres will oversee several firmwide administrative groups, including talent solutions; diversity, equity and inclusion; partner affairs; global services; and geographic office leaders.
In addition to Torres, Baer’s executive team includes:
- Justin Bass, chief data science officer
- Ray Calvey, chief financial officer
- Steve Keeley, general counsel
- Ann Lathrop, marketing and sales leader
- Chris Mitchell, chief diversity officer
- Simon Riley, chief strategy and transformation officer
- Steve Strammello, chief risk officer
- Rex Voorheis, chief information security officer
- Julie Wood, chief people officer
“The leadership team and I are focused on growing and thriving through these extraordinary times,” Baer says. “We’re eager to continue shaping a better tomorrow for our people, our clients, our communities and our firm.”