As CPA firms and other businesses look to reopen offices safely amid the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the Maryland Association of CPAs (MACPA) has partnered with technology firm 1Rivet to develop the new MyHealthyWork app.
Available for both Android and iOS mobile devices, the MyHealthyWork app includes features such as:
- Contact tracing to help identify employees who have interacted during the day and identify those affected during an outbreak.
- A health status dashboard that indicates if an employee should come into the office, work from the road or stay home – and for how long.
- QR codes and interaction to identify various locations in workplaces and identify employees who sit or work near each other.
- “How I Feel” questions that include temperature readings and icons for easy-to-answer health questions.
- Real-time outbreak notifications with identified outbreaks and critical steps for leaders to take.
- Gamification to award employees for participation with virtual points and badges.
“The health and safety of our team is our top priority, but we also wanted a solution that would help protect our employees’ privacy,” says MACPA president and CEO Tom Hood. “Because it relies on self-reporting rather than GPS or Bluetooth tracking, MyHealthyWork is a perfect fit for our team – a solution that’s designed to protect their health, well-being and their privacy as well.”