New York-based Marcum (FY17 net revenue of $469.5 million) has announced that it has admitted six associates to the partnership group.
“This year’s class of new partners exemplifies the superior talent, professionalism, and dedication that Marcum associates bring to serving the best interests of their clients and our firm,” says Jeffrey Weiner, chairman and CEO. “Each one of them is a role model not only for other associates on the career track, but for all of us.
With the 2018 promotions, Marcum partners now total 217. The new partners are:
- Bradford Taylor, Advisory Services, Boston – Taylor provides valuation, litigation support and financial analysis services to both private and public companies in a variety of industries. He specializes in the valuation of business enterprises, intangible assets, and common and preferred equity, and has provided litigation support in divorce matters, shareholder disputes, economic damages and lost profits.
- Cesar Estrada, Tax and Business Services, Fort Lauderdale, Fla.– Estrada’s clients have included multi-subsidiary consolidated groups, family businesses, financial services groups and foreign investors. He provides traditional tax compliance and research services as well as complex tax planning for C corporation conversions, subsidiary liquidations, entity structure analysis, partnership interest buyouts and international taxation.
- Karen O’Connor, Tax and Business Services, Melville, N.Y.–O’Connor works closely with large multistate and multinational companies, as well as family-owned businesses. She provides tax consulting, planning, financial statement disclosures and ongoing tax compliance services to both public and private entities.
- Michael Brady, Tax and Business Services, Philadelphia– Brady provides strategic tax planning, research and compliance, ASC 740 review and planning, and complex business advice to clients in the real estate, law, health care, manufacturing, telecommunications, software development and equipment leasing industries.
- James W. Miller, Assurance Services, New Haven, Conn. – Miller is an integral member of the firm’s national construction industry group. He has more than 13 years of experience compiling, reviewing and analyzing financial statements for construction contractors and allied companies. He has been involved in sensitive, high profile engagements regarding fraud and litigation support and due diligence projects for business acquisitions.
- John L. Hughes, Assurance Services, New York – Hughes primarily works with mid- to small-cap companies involved in mergers and acquisitions and capital financing transactions. He also advises private companies going public on capital-raising strategies, reverse mergers, initial public offerings and the securities registration process.