British Telecommunications and New York-based KPMG (FY16 gross revenue of $8.6 billion) have developed a white paper that describes cybercrime as a journey. Once you know where you and your company are on that journey, you can take the appropriate steps to get to where you need to be, the firms contend. The white paper provides practical steps to manage cyber risks.
Each chapter is dedicated to one stage in the journey and lays out step-by-step recommendations, along with questions to ask to get to the next stage.
The cyber journey stages:
- Denial: Thinking it won’t happen to us
- Worry: Obtaining as much security as possible
- False confidence: We are ready
- Hard lessons: Learning there’s no absolute security
- True leadership: We must work together
By focusing on innovation, you can maintain a sustainable risk position against the evolving threat landscape, the white paper says.